Monday, April 27, 2009

Cub scout recipe!

Okay, since I have to make the treat for pack meeting on Thursday, I decided to Google ideas for the theme(Jurassic Pack),I came across this on some ladies blog(www.catherinewade.wordpress.com) HILARIOUS!! I feel safe in saying we can all relate to this baking fiasco as in... been there, done that! Enjoy.

My Favorite Recipe for Cub Scouts

Let me preface this by saying I’m a good cook. I am too! But lately, I have had some real dogs. Let me share my latest fiasco.

Recipe for Cub Scout Pack Meeting Treats:

1. Get brilliant idea for dinosaur-shaped Rice Crispie treats made with caramels. They’ll be delicious!

2. Go buy caramels, cereal, marshmallows, and look for a dino cookie cutter, since the theme is Jurassic Pack.

3. Go buy more cereal, because 50 cub scouts is a lot. Toss the dino since it’s too big to make enough bars.

4. Make the treats - put into pan lined with waxed paper and then roll out using waxed paper. It won’t stick.

5. When waxed paper sticks, swear, and try chilling the treats in the refrigerator.

6. Tug at the paper for awhile, get majorly sticky, decide to freeze treats.

7. When paper is still stuck, swear some more, give up, and give them to your kids to pick at and eat.

8. Go to store. Buy Brownine mix.

9. Start mixing brownies. Discover you have no vegetable oil.

10. Call neighbor for vegetable oil. Get oil. Make brownies.

11. Watch brownies very carefully because you are making them in a shallow pan and know they will cook faster.

12. Keep checking brownies. Put them back in over for five minutes because they still look too gooey.
13. Cool brownies for an hour before cutting. Then try cutting them, realizing that the *&(^ers are overcooked and crunchy instead of gooey.
14. Decide to frost them and call them “fudge bars” and see if you can get away with it.
15. Decide you can’t serve these things, give up, and pull out the bag of Chips Ahoy you bought yesterday but haven’t opened yet. Luckily.
Yes. That has been my day. I quit!!

No comments: